10 Quick thoughts on Cable.
1. The same system will be in place for three years with Cable as the HC. People talk about continuity and, assuming the reports are true, we would finally have the same system for more than two years. Our Run game was still top 10 last season.
2. Players started to respond towards the end of the season, especially the young guys.
3. He has a Raider mentality of being aggressive on offense. The D, though, still needs someone with Raider blood to run it.
4. He got it: the strengths of the team is to run. We ran, ran, and ran during our win streak.
5. He finished with a .500 record over the last six guys, demolishes Denver, fucked Tampa like a hot step sister, and steamed over Houston.
6. He knows the Raider system and he is not an outsider which is important.
7. With a third solid draft we could be playing in January next year. The last two drafts have been solid on our accounts. Get a damn WR at #7, please!!!!!!!!!
8. The offense became creative down the stretch. When was the last time we say a HB Option toss that worked in Oakland?
9. Players started to play like men on the field.
10. I like the name the CABLE GUY. But then again, I think he looks like John Goodman from the Big Lebowski.